How Loom Helped Intercom Use Video Prospecting to Differentiate Their Sales Outreach and Boost Reply Rates by 19%
- 12 days
of Sales Manager’s time saved every year by using Loom videos to train reps
earned from video outreach
- Use Case
Conversational Relationship Platform
Intercom helps businesses build better customer relationships through personalized, messenger-based experiences. Loom gave the sales team at Intercom the ability to personalize outreach emails and quickly show their value to prospective customers, leading to an increased reply rate of 19%. The team also uses Loom internally to post training videos and communicate within their team, saving everyone time and energy.
- Make sales outreach unique and personal while remaining affordable and sustainable.
- Drive more conversations — and revenue — from cold email outreach and avoid making thousands of sales calls.
SaaS brand Intercom had reached a crossroads in their business. Company analytics showed they were getting better ROI from outreach than from inbound leads, so they made the call to pivot their strategy.
They set themselves the challenge of honing their outreach process so they could drive more conversations and revenue, support top-line growth, and stay ahead of their fiercest competitors.
“The trick was to find this balance without increasing costs and sacrificing team efficiency,” says Bucky Henry, Intercom’s Sales Manager.
Cold email outreach was an integral part of that balance, but they felt their existing emails weren’t compelling enough. The way forward, they decided, was to inject more visual appeal. They began by creating an internal tool that would superimpose Intercom’s platform onto a customer’s website, create a GIF of that photo, and add it into an email. It was a success, but they knew they could do more, and the team decided that adding video would make a big difference in personalization and connecting with prospects.
Intercom went on the hunt for a video platform that was simple enough to quickly build personalized content, could self-source more new business, and would boost company revenue.
- Record and edit personalized videos, including custom graphics and images that pique interest and compel prospects to take action.
- Share finished videos immediately, using Loom’s instant link creation.
- Enhance internal training and drive reps to adopt new processes more quickly.
When Intercom scoured the tech landscape to find the right tool, Loom stood out head and shoulders above the rest.
Loom lets users quickly create informative videos directly from their browser and desktop and share them in an instant.
For Intercom, Loom ticked every box. They felt doubly reassured that nine million people across 1200,000 companies globally were already using the platform — and not only for sales outreach, but for all kinds of business applications. Loom’s platform was efficient, reliable, and easy to use, and the willingness of the Loom team to gather customer feedback to continually develop their tool really impressed Intercom.
The roll-out of Loom was frictionless and straightforward. Bucky participated in two sessions with Loom’s Product team, who walked him through the platform and ensured he was comfortable with every feature.
“Straight out the box, our reps were able to use Loom right away,” says Bucky. “Everyone was excited about the immense value it was going to bring to our organization from an outbound sales perspective.”
Before creating their first video, the Sales team strategized a structure for the videos, which could be customized for each prospect. Each video:
- Is personalized from the beginning to pique the prospect’s curiosity enough to hit play.
- Includes an image of Intercom’s platform on the company’s website to enhance personalization and overcome buyers’ hesitations about how it looks and works.
- Cuts to a unique recording from an Intercom sales rep, who highlights Intercom’s offer and shows how it could provide value to that specific prospect.
Because Loom is so easy to use, reps can create each video in as little as two minutes. For customized content that adds genuine value to prospects, that’s lightning speed.
Of course, this is only possible because Loom makes the recording and editing process so simple. For example:
Screen recording allows users to capture their face, voice, and personalized messaging easily from their computer or device.
- Easy editing allows reps to trim and refine their videos and incorporate custom visuals and CTAs with uncomplicated, one-click actions.
- Sharing the finished video is a breeze, too. Loom automatically copies a link of the finished video to the rep’s clipboard so they can instantly paste it into an email.
Bucky also uses Loom internally, to record videos for the team to summarize live training sessions. This way they can learn asynchronously and retain the information covered in the meetings, which ultimately saves Bucky hours worth of time spent clarifying information, reiterating points, and answering questions.
- 19% increase in reply rate to cold emails.
- $120k earned from self-sourced outbound deals.
- Differentiated, personalized outreach, which drives top-line growth and keeps Intercom ahead of their fiercest competitors.
Since integrating Loom into their outreach activities, Intercom has seen cold email reply rates jump by 19%. They’re connecting with prospects better, speeding up time to close, and raising more revenue.
In fact, the team has earned $120k from self-sourced outbound deals since including Loom videos in their outreach.
Bucky believes Loom’s effectiveness at improving outreach, combined with its ease of use, makes it a platform that no business should ignore.
“Loom’s browser extension, Desktop app, and shortcuts allow you just to hit a keystroke, and you’re recording right away,” he says.
“I think it's the plug and play, no friction, easy lift of the software that allows us to turn personalized videos out so quickly and see such an impressive increase in our reply rate.”
Above all, Loom has enabled Intercom to differentiate their outreach in a crowded marketplace where everyone’s fighting for the same customers.
At every step, Intercom knows that Loom’s Customer Support team is fully behind them, supporting their business and continually improving the platform to help companies like theirs.